Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When will school start?

I am here in Ghana now! The weather has been wonderful! I hear it's even better than Illinois right now! I have a million mosquito bites, but they don't itch so that's a blessing. Thank you everyone for the travel prayers. Travel went very smoothly.

We are supposed to start school next Wednesday, but they are doing construction on the building right now, so we will have to pray that they keep working quickly. They are adding several more rooms to the school which is really nice. It will keep the school in it's current location for the next two years.

I will be living in a house (we are going to call the Pink Flamingo) right next to the school, but it is under construction right now too. I am staying with the Director and his wife right now. My two roommates and I will be moving in to our new place hopefully in late September. I'm learning a lot and trying to find my way around. I was going to go to the orphanage by the school today, but I have a cold and decided I shouldn't be around the kids yet. But I hope to help out there some in the future.

Prayer Requests...
Please pray the construction on the school gets done quickly and safely.
Please pray that I get over my cold quickly.
Please pray that I would be prepared for the start of school and ready to get to know my students.

8 comments:

  1. Wow look at you becoming all technological...I love it!! :) Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, technology is cool :) Great to be able to keep in contact. Feed a cold, starve a fever... Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you!!! Excited to hear more! -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy, I love your blog. This is a great way to stay in touch. I hope you feel better soon and I'll be praying for you. Love, Auntie Jan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimmy! WE MISS YOU!!! It's Auntie Sandy and Kari! Rachie, Kari, me and Kyle took care of Hannah and Ethan! They kept saying Auntie Kimmy is in AFRICA and we miss her! Love this BLOG! Kari and I have our Africa Braclets around our lamps in our rooms and pray for you every night! Love you!!!!! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kim!! I'm so excited for you. I know God is going to use you for some amazing things. Catherine and I will be praying for you!! - Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear from you. Can't wait to hear about your students, and the food, and what your living quarters are like. You are in our prayers.
    Love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim,

    I talked to Jan today and she gave me your blog address. I am so happy to hear that you arrived safely. I have been praying for you and will continue to keep you in pray. God bless you.

    Auntie Viv

    ReplyDelete