Saturday, August 22, 2009

Learning my way around...

I took my first taxi ride a couple of days ago! I hadn't taken a taxi anywhere since I had been here and then I took 4 taxis in one day! As we drive around, I am starting to finally recognize where I am. Anne Clair and I went to and from the grocery store and then Lauren and I went to meet some of the teachers to celebrate Christy's Birthday. We went to this little place the teachers call Rosemary's where you can get "minerals" (pop) and snacks to play cards and just hang out. It was kind of fun being out after dark! After that we walked over to the Palace (where 6 of the teachers live) and I had my first FanIce experience. FanIce is Ghana's ice cream. It was really good!

Yesterday all the teachers had dinner over at the neighbors' house again. I can't believe they open their house up to all of us so often! We have a new business manager who arrived with his family the other day, so we were welcoming all 7 of them to Ghana. One of the teachers made a cake from scratch to welcome the new family and celebrate all the August birthdays. Cake mixes are pretty expensive here so it's awesome that Barb can make cakes without the mix!

School will finally start on Monday. I am excited to meet all of my new students. God is at work here in Ghana and He is growing the school at an incredible rate! There are going to be at least 40 new kids this year! I can't wait to see how God continues to work here. Keep praying that I would listen to His voice and follow His leading!

No comments:

Post a Comment