Friday, August 28, 2009

No Water This Morning...

I have been so thankful that we haven't really had a problem with the water or power since I have been here! Until today...I woke up to turn on the water heater this morning like normal. (Then I went back to sleep for another hour.) When I woke up again, no power and no water. :( Sad. My first Ghana water bottle washcloth shower! Good times! Oh well, I am just thankful there was power at school and the power and water are back on at the house now! Praise God I am the kind of person that doesn't mind skipping a shower! And praise God it hasn't been too hot so I am not totally disgusting!

This evening all the teachers, staff, and their families were invited to a school family's house for dinner. They had this huge tent set up with an amazing buffet. It was almost like a wedding reception! The family is so sweet and they are so thankful to God for everything he has blessed them with. It is awesome to see people humble and thankful before the Lord when by worldly standards they should be the ones honored. They certainly radiate the light of Christ to all those around them!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, Sounds like you're getting used to your new life. Once you strip away all the garbage, life is pretty amazing. I'm glad you're meeting good people. Be Well... Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmy, I love all the updates. It sure sounds like things are going well. We love and miss you. Love, Auntie Jan XXX

    ReplyDelete