Saturday, August 15, 2009

The market, Lesson plans, and Chocolate chip cookies!

A few days ago we went to this big market downtown. I have never seen so many people selling things! Some of the girls bought some fabric to get some dresses made. It's fairly cheap to get clothing made here. The dresses are beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! The market was rather overwhelming. If we didn't have some ladies leading us around, I would have gotten lost in an instant! After the market, we had lunch at a hotel by the ocean. This was our first view of the ocean since we have been here. It was nice from a distance, but the beaches right around Accra aren't really good. We have to go a couple hours away to really enjoy the beach!

The past few days have been spent at the school. I don't really have a room to set up (I will be traveling around to the kids) so I have been working on lesson planning quite a bit. We are still wondering if school is going to start on time. The workers are working like crazy, but there is still quite a bit to do. We'll have to wait and see. We should know by Monday!

The nights are long here because the sun sets around 6pm. We play a lot of games and hang out. Yesterday, the neighbors had the teachers over for dinner. They even made us chocolate chip cookies! They were amazing! I wished I was able to eat more of them!

P.S. - My cold is getting better. Just a bit of a cough left! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment