Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankfulness...

So you know those moments when it just hits you? What have you been doing? Why have you been doing it? Who is all this work for? I had such a moment the other day. I feel like I have been doing, doing, doing and not taking the time with God to make sure I'm following His will. So with all this "doing" there has been little peace. I was just reminded that God gives peace to thankful hearts. So here is a little list of things I'm thankful for...

- Christmas break is almost here
- Friends to share pineapple with
- Roommates that make you laugh
- Prayer with the school staff even when I don't feel like taking the time
- My Sharpeners girls
- Friends and family back home as excited as I am about the fact that I'm coming home
- Frozen Tampicos when the power goes out
- Generators
- Beth Moore Bible studies
- My students who teach me about childlike faith
- Packages
- Maya (even though she bites everyone!)
- Alias Nights
- Worship at the Wright's
- Seeing kids worship at chapel each week
- Seeing the kids excited faces at the "snack shack" each day

That's a pretty good list for now...

1 comment: