Friday, October 16, 2009

Everyone Knows When Ghana Wins



Tonight was the World Cup for the U-20 (guys under 20 years old) league in soccer and Ghana won! They beat Brazil in sudden death penalty kicks or something like that. It was very tense and exciting! We were able to watch the game at the Palace. The girls had us over for a "fiesta" and their guard brought up a TV for us to watch the game. Even though there are few TVs, everyone knows when Ghana scores. You can hear people cheering and honking their horns on the streets. Every game played is big deal. I wish I knew more about soccer so that I could talk about it more with the people here. I have been to a game, so maybe I'm learning a little.

(PS - The picture is from the game I went to, not the World Cup game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment